Thursday, September 24, 2009

popular on youtube

In responding to "Juhasz Final Video," I was made painfully aware that I had not signed into Youtube for over 3 years. My only video is a clip I downloaded/uploaded of Knute Rockne talking to his Notre Dame team before a football game from circa 1931. I was surprised to see that it has been viewed 145,037 times and has 157 comments that range from "Notre Dame sucks!" "GO IRISH!" to historical commentary of the clip, other anecdotes, and even the scar of child molestation on the Catholic church. The relative "success" of my clip exemplifies Juhasz's final point regarding the "failure" of her videos on Youtube: what most of us seek on here are the mindless, funny, rapid-fire clips that are much closer to the lineage of the music video than the video-taped lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment